Blockchain technology is rapidly changing the landscape for enterprise, with massive opportunities and threats affecting industry.
Blockchain technology can increase revenue by 25%.
Blockchain technology can increase cost savings by 40%.
McKinsey estimates blockchain could save businesses $50 Billion by 2021 in B2B transactions alone.
Yet enterprise is struggling to implement blockchain technology.
84% of companies are actively working with blockchain technology.
Yet only 15% of companies have a live blockchain solution.
NorthStar enables companies to join the 15% of companies utilizing blockchain technology in their organization.
New Business Models
Proof of Business
Proof of Concept / MVP
PoC Build and Test
We provide the tools and framework for implementing blockchain technology across organizations and with legacy systems.
84% of respondents to a recent PwC Blockchain Survey were activity involved with blockchain technology, however only 15% reported having something live.
Common bottlenecks include high R&D costs, limited knowledge of blockchain technology among existing employees and stakeholders, and confusion on where to begin and what business areas are compatible with blockchain technology.
Northstar offers a sequential series of consulting and development packages designed for enterprise companies requiring blockchain technology intelligence relating to risk, opportunity, and validation; with the intent to augent processes, adopt and develop a new blockchain project. Whether delivering discovery ideation, R&D, PoC, or PoB; our process is goal driven and methodical; providing organizations with a clear return on investment.
- Discovery & Validation
- Proof of Business (PoB)
- Proof of Concept (PoC) Design
- Proof of Concept Prototype Build
Discovery & Validation
Facilitated discovery sessions allow Northstar business analyst, consulting and technical staff an understanding of your existing business model. The project documents relevant business flows and high-level validation of blockchain value opportunity. This output serves current business intelligence needs and provides foundation for future PoC exploration.
• Existing business model & process review
• Operational risk and readiness assessment
• High-level blockchain value mapping
• Session documentation
Proof of Business (PoB)
NorthStar experts prepare a business case to vet the return on investment for your concept & support next steps toward Proof of Concept.
• Problem sets / Potential Solutions
• Solutions matrix and weighting
• Likely magnitude assessment (LMA) for each solution
• Metrics to support deeper solution design work investment.
• Solution Summary for most likely solution (business/investment point of view)
• Business case including high level ROI
Proof of Concept (PoC) Design
Taking the PoB to the next level stage to provide deployable deliverables that demonstrates both the viability of the technology while providing a mechanism to measure business impact.
• PoB ROM expanded to a development plan and iterations
• solution design and high-level architecture
• production artifact definitions
• KPIs for rapid prototyping / PoC Build stage
• pending and emerging regulatory standards on your operating model and technology initiatives.
Proof of Concept Prototype Build
• Decentralized application build and test services
• Private/Public/Hybrid Chains
• Chain protocol/node provision
• Distributed ledger technology
• Smart contracts
• Custom solutions
The rapid emergence of blockchain technology has created transformative opportunities and risks for organizations. Industries stand to lose or gain as much as 25% in revenue from the introduction of blockchain technology in addition to cost savings of up to 40%. Northstar leverages our unique memberships, partnerships and experience to identify risk and opportunities, undertake R&D, formulate PoC prototypes and ultimately build and implement blockchain technology across a range of industries and existing technology infrastructure.
Discovery Ideation Case Study
Over the past eight-months we teamed up with Telus Ventures and FIRSTEP to explore the implications of blockchain technology in the healthcare space.
Northstar Venture Technologies Inc.
100 – 535 Thurlow Street
Vancouver V6E 3L2
100 – 535 Thurlow Street
Vancouver V6E 3L2